I’m finished with the first step of many silhouette projects. Why do one project when you can do countless? Sigh. Luckily, I’m making lots of mistakes to learn from.
I realized this morning that I was missing a couple of letters on one of my quote projects. Apparently, I was a little over zealous while removing the excess. Doing a big quote there was so much excess vinyl while removing it that it was hard to work with.
I woke up this morning with a clearer mind and realized I could cut the vinyl in between words so that the scraps would be more manageable.
When we were cleaning out our garage a few months back, I kept some random wood and board scraps with the plan on making signs for my classroom. Yesterday my hubby and I stained some wood and painted some. The first spray paint I got I thought was gold with glitter. It turned out to be just spray glitter. Next thing I knew we were spraying all the signs with glitter. Seemed like the only choice. Then back to the store for actual gold spray paint… and more glitter paint.
Last night I cut out tons of vinyl on my Sihlouette. This morning I put all the transfer paper on. I thought, piece of cake. All I have to do now is transfer it. Apparently, my cold garage wasn’t an ideal place. The transfer paper was much stickier than the vinyl. I managed to transfer vinyl onto one sign before deciding to bring them inside and hope that warming up will make it easier.
This sign isn’t complete. I plan to add some stars. It will go in our computer lab and students will have the chance to earn there way onto the Wall of Fame. Once I get it up and running I tell you all about it.